After the excesses of Christmas and New Year, why not give your body a boost with some homemade vitamin water – it has practically zero calories but is packed with flavour and nutrients!
What you need…
1 cup pineapple (cubed or sliced)
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
2 sprigs of fresh mint
Half a lime and/or lemon
2-3 inch piece of stem ginger (peeled and cut into cubes)
500ml – 1,000ml water
ice cubes (optional)
What to do…
1. Place the ginger into a small bowl and use a wooden spoon to crush slightly, releasing the flavour, then add the ginger to a glass pitcher.
2. Crush the mint leaves in your hand and tear the leaves slightly before adding to the pitcher.
3. Place the fruit in a small bowl and again use a wooden spoon to lightly press and twist the fruit, releasing the juice and flavour, then add the fruit to the pitcher.
4. Fill the pitcher with cold water, adding ice cubes if desired, and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
5. Enjoy a cold glass of this fruity viatmin-packed water anytime!
N.B: Consume the water within 3 days.