Also Known As: Double Kettlebell Split Jerk
Main Muscle Worked: Shoulders
Other Muscles: Calves, Quadriceps, Triceps
Mechanics Type: Compound
Double Kettlebell Jerk Images
Double Kettlebell Jerk Guide
Main Muscle: Shoulders
- Hold a kettlebell by the handle in each hand.
- Clean the kettlebells to your shoulders by extending through the legs and hips as you pull the kettlebells towards your shoulders. Rotate your wrists as you do so, so that the palms face forward. This will be your starting position.
- Dip your body by bending the knees, keeping your torso upright.
- Immediately reverse direction, driving through the heels, in essence jumping to create momentum.
- As you do so, press the kettlebells overhead to lockout by extending the arms, using your body’s momentum to move the weights.
- Return your feet to the ground in a split fashion, with one foot forward and one foot back.
- Keeping the weights overhead, return to a standing position, bringing your feet together. Lower the weights to perform the next repetition.