When I first made—and tasted—these truffles I thought, “Is this for real?” You look at the ingredients and macros, take another bite of the truffles (OK, devour a few), and realize that things don’t seem to add up.
The truffles are just so decadent that’s it’s hard to believe they’re actually good for you. Try them for yourself and you’ll see what I mean.
- 1/4 cup Dymatize ISO-100 Birthday Cake
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 squares (30g) dark chocolate
- Blend all ingredients together using a handheld blender or food processor.
- Shape batter into little balls or truffles. If batter is too sticky, add a bit more cocoa or coconut flour until it softens and has a malleable consistency.
- Melt dark chocolate in a bain marie: a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water.
- Cover truffles in melted chocolate, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Serving Size: 1 truffle
Recipe Yields: 10 servings