Who doesn’t hear the chimes of the ice cream truck when they think of Orange Dreamsicles? That creamy, vanilla ice cream covered in a layer of tart orange ice—delicious! Wrap yourself in nostalgia and channel the dream of eternal summer with this protein-filled concoction.
This might just be one of the easiest protein ice creams you can make. All you need is two ingredients—or three if you feel like kicking it up a notch. It’s a great way to cool off post-workout, after dinner, or anytime the mood strikes you.
- 1/2 cup Dymatize ISO-100 Orange Dreamsicle
- 1 tub (170 g) 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp orange zest (recommended)
- Blend all ingredients together until mixture becomes creamy.
- Pour mix into shallow Tupperware container—this allows the ice cream to freeze more evenly. (I use a large square Tupperware container.)
- Place Tupperware in freezer for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove Tupperware from freezer, churn with a fork to break up any ice that might have formed, and place back in freezer.
- Repeat steps three and four until mix gets to a point where it can be scooped out with a spoon or ice cream scooper.
Serving Size: 1/2 batch
Recipe Yields: 2 servings