Protein cookies are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth while getting a healthy dose of the nutrients your body needs. When it comes to this recipe, all you have to buy are a few simple ingredients: protein powder, peanut butter, eggs, organic cane sugar and dark chocolate chips. These treats are made with no grains whatsoever making them extra chewy and delicious! Tip: Try whipping them up with a different kind of nut butter, other add-ins, or substituting in a different flavor of protein powder to make endless combinations.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies Recipe
Per 1 cookie:
- 240 cal
- 17 g fat (1 g sat)
- 19 g carbs
- 170 mg sodium
- 3 g fiber
- 13 g sugar
- 9 g protein
Serves 12Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
2 scoops (or a half-cup) DailyBurn Fuel-6 protein in vanilla
1 large egg
1/2 cup organic cane sugar and 1 tablespoon for sprinkling on top (or coconut palm sugar)
1 cup peanut butter, smooth
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix together using a wooden spoon. The consistency should be like typical cookie dough.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scooper, scoop 3 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Then, flatten in your palm into a cookie shape. Place on cookie sheet and repeat.
- Use a fork to create the classic peanut butter criss-cross shape by lightly pressing onto cookie dough. Then, sprinkle with organic cane sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes to let the cookies harden.
- Storage: store in a tight ziplock bag or container in a cool/dark place OR for the longest storage, place in freezer.